The earthquake

Since I wrote last time a very horrible thing has happened in Japan.  There has been a massive earthquake and tsunami and many people have been killed.

None of my family live in the area where the earthquake happened but at school today my teachers told us that many people lost their lives and that homes and companies were lost to the sea.  It is hard to imagine such an awful thing happening in my country.

Our teacher explained how this happened, we learned about how the earth moves under the sea and how tsunamis happen.  She also told us that Japan has a long history of earthquakes, this is a little bit scary and my friends and I were worried that Kyoto might be next.  My class made some origami cranes to hang in the school as a sign of support for the people around the area where the tsunami hit.



My family went to the local shrine to take offerings to the gods.  My Father told me that this will help the people who survived and give them some hope for the future he also said that the gods will protect the spirits of the people who died in the tsunami.

じゃまたね
Kumi